Brian Scull is responsible for tracking and supervising all commercial development-related activities including cost analysis, schedule maintenance, consultant selection and coordination, and quality of design and construction. Brian also provides analysis for new development opportunities that the firm is pursuing and manages the project entitlement process. Since joining the Shooshan Company in 1998, Brian has directed the design and construction of more than 1.8 million square feet of Commercial Office and Mixed-use Development, with an additional 1.4 million square feet currently in various stages of design, construction and entitlement.
Prior to being employed with the Shooshan Company, Brian worked as a registered Architect, most notably with STUDIOS Architecture, and Hillier Group in Washington, DC. His most celebrated past projects were Arnold & Porter law offices at 555 12th Street, MCI HQ at 1801 H Street, British Aerospace HQ at Dulles Airport, and ACE insurance HQ in Bermuda. Brian has a combined 26 years of Commercial Architecture and Development experience.
Brian’s proudest recent accomplishment is the Liberty Center project in Arlington, to which he has dedicated over 13 years of work from initial planning, acquisition, and entitlement to completion of over 1.8 million square feet of mixed-use development. The two block redevelopment has redefined its neighborhood, converting obsolete offices and a brown-field industrial land use to a vibrant office/residential/retail place-maker based on sound urban growth principles and outstanding architectural design.
- Dual degrees in Architecture and Business Management – University of Maryland
In the Community
- Member of the Urban Land Institute, 1998 – Present
- Leadership Arlington Board of Regents Chair for FY 2013/2014, Treasurer for FY 2015/2016
- Leadership Arlington, Class of 2009
- NAIOP Northern Virginia, 2002 – 2008
- American Institute of Architects, 1992 – 1998
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association, 1992 – 1998