A principal of the firm, Kelly Shooshan serves as Chief Executive Officer and is primarily responsible for implementation of the company’s strategic vision. She leads the Shooshan Company team in fulfilling their roles by formulating recommendations for action and implementing agreed-upon plans. Kelly oversees all company expenditures and monitors the company’s financial position. In addition, she works on identifying and evaluating new development and acquisition opportunities for the firm. She’s broadened the firm’s development focus to include residential projects and has been involved in developing over 1,500 units in Arlington, since joining the firm in 2003 including the recent completion of The View, a 17 Story, 257 unit luxury apartment building in Ballston.
Kelly offers an extensive background in financial analysis, relating to both new development and existing properties, and is especially skilled in evaluating cost and design in light of owner requirements. Before joining the Shooshan Company in 2003, she was an Investment Analyst for Medical Office Properties, Inc., focusing on underwriting portfolio acquisitions. Prior to this, she worked as a Financial Analyst for Spaulding and Slye Colliers (now Jones Lang LaSalle) with their Structured Finance Group.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science – Georgetown University.
- Master in Professional Studies in Real Estate, Real Estate Finance – Georgetown University.
In the Community
- Honored by SmartCEO with a Skyline Award – 2015.
- Honored as one of Leadership Arlington’s Inaugural “40 Under 40” – 2014.
- NAIOP Family Owned Business Forum Member, 2013 – Present.
- Ballston Business Improvement District – Board of Directors, 2011 – Present.
- Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (A-SPAN) – Board of Directors, 2010 – Present.
- Member of the DC Real Estate Group and the Arlington Real Estate Group, 2004 – Present.
- Leadership Arlington – Class of 2011.